Bastrop - Full Time Teller
Frontier Bank of Texas is an equal opportunity employer.
*All applicants please stop by our Bastrop Branch to pick up an application*
* Hours may vary and Saturdays are required*
Please contact Wanda or Sarah at 512-303-5000
Summary: Receives and pays out money, and keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process night drop deposits and incoming mail under dual control.
- Process commercial deposits and change orders.
- Multitask by answering phones, assisting customers with their account balances, transfers, loan pay offs and interest rates etc…
- Provide friendly customer service by greeting the customers, acknowledging them by their first name, using eye contact, having a Frontier Smile and thanking them for their business.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
- Accepts loan payments, processes loan funding checks and draws.
- Process cashiers checks, travelers checks, bonds and wires
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and identification.
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Balancing ATM under dual control by replenishing the cassette and processing daily tickets.
- Balance vault under dual control by counting cash and processing daily tickets.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Assist other departments within the bank when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software and Order processing systems.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.